Write a script to automate a repeated action in any program, or write tests for the UI you are working on.
LnzScript.exe (3.6MB), LnzScript.zip (portable, 4.4MB)
Complete API Reference
Source code on GitHub, initial blog post
- 180+ available functions, documented and separated into namespaces
- comes with a full editor + autocompletion
- simulates mouse/keyboard actions for automating or UI testing
- send input to specific UI controls by id for better robustness
- reads/writes/renames files, edits registry, starts processes and read stdout
- access the clipboard, resize windows, retrieve text from dialogs
- better than AutoIt, scripts can import other .js files with include()
- better than AutoIt, no need to type clumsy Basic like "While/Wend/Goto"
- in the built-in code editor, hit F5 to quickly run a script before even saving it to disk
Implemented with win32 api, AutoItX, QtScript, and Qt Toolkit.
Clavier+, another open source tool, can be used to make a global keyboard shortcut for a script.