CellRename: rename files with a spreadsheet UI
- it's faster to type new filenames when layed out in a grid of cells
- rename based on patterns, or append numbers like 001, 002, etc
- add a prefix / suffix
- search/replace within filenames
- regex search/replace within filenames
- if the clipboard contains a file path, cellrename will automatically start in that directory
Tutorial: A Simple Example
Tutorial: A Complex Example
Download for Linux, Windows
Source code on GitHub
Tested on Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mageia, Win XP, Win7, and Win8.
Tip of the day: You can use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell, and you can press Enter to quickly move down to the next cell.